Please see Above, a few of many pictures taken from a Pre Drywall inspection Jeff completed not to long ago. This is one of the highest rated builders in the area. This is why you must insist that builders do NOT put up insulation prior to the inspection. Notice the Broker truss support in the attic!! and many open gaps that may be covered up if not fixed prior to insulation.
The framing inspection, also referred to as the pre-drywall home inspection, is performed prior to the builder installing insulation and drywall. Jeff typically has 60 pictures to forward on to the builder for attention. Jeff will examine the plumbing, electrical wiring, heating and cooling ducts, the roof structure and roof surface. He will observe the structural frame, inspecting each member for a variety of framing errors such as:
- Unbolted sill plates
- Over-spanned structural members
- Inadequate purlins (roof supports)
- Under-built bearing walls
- Improper notching and boring
- Severed plates and interrupted joists
- Improper fire stops
After your Pre Drywall Inspection, please do not close on your completed new construction home without an independent home inspector. Jeff has all the credentials and licenses needed that the builders will require. See Sample New Construction Home Inspection
Steps to your Final Home Inspection
Here's what to expect during the major phases of construction
The 10 steps to build a new home are:
INFORM YOUR BUILDER IN WRITING THAT YOU WILL BE HIRING AN INDEPENDENT HOME INSPECTOR. WE THEN FORWARD OUR CREDENTIALS AND SIGN THEIR PAPERWORK.
- Prepare construction site and pour foundation
- Construct rough framing
- Complete rough pluming, electrical and HVAC
- JEFF COMES IN FOR PRE DRYWALL INSPECTION BEFORE THE INSULATION
- INSTALL INSULATION
- Complete drywall and interior textures; start exterior finishes
- Finish interior trim; install exterior driveways and walkways
- Install hard-surface flooring and countertops, and complete exterior grading
- Finish mechanical trims; install bathroom fixtures
- Install mirrors, shower doors and finish flooring, and finish exterior landscaping
- FIXTURES ARE IN AND ALL UTILITIES ARE ON.
- JEFF COMES IN TO DO THE ENTIRE HOME INSPECTION PRIOR TO WALKTHROUGH
- Final walkthrough with builder
Jeff has completed over 1900 Pre Drywall and home inspections in the Lowcountry in neighborhoods such as The Ponds, Cane Bay, Pine Forest Country Club, Wescott Country Club to name a few. Please call or email to discuss your New Construction Home Inspection.